Orange Burfee Puran Poli
1 cup boiled and coarsely crushed split bengal gram (chana dal)
2 cups refined flour (maida)
1 cup whole wheat flour (aata)
1 tbsp ghee + for greasing & basting
8 Haldiram’s Nagpurian Orange Burfee, crushed
½ cup grated khoya
1 tbsp sugar
- Boil the chana dal with four cups of water till soft, drain excess water and crush coarsely.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add dal and saute for a while. Add crushed Haldiram's Orange Burfee and khoya. Cook till all mixed well.
- Add sugar and cook for a while.
- Cool and grind. It should resemble a soft ball. Divide the stuffing into equal portions and roll into balls.
- Mix the refined flour and whole wheat flour and knead with water. Divide dough into equal portions and roll into balls.
- Flatten each ball in your palm, stuff with one portion of puran (stuffing), cover and seal the edges.
- Roll out into four to five inches diameter disk of medium thickness.
- Heat a tawa and roast the puran polis till light specks appear on both the sides basting with ghee.
- Serve with Haldiram's Orange Burfee