Gulab Jamun ki Sabzi
Posted by: Haldiram's Nagpur | Apr 24, 2020
8 Haldriam’s Gulab Jamun
2 Tbsp Oil
2 Black Cardamoms
1 Tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
1 Tsp Chopped Ginger
1 Tsp Chopped Garlic
1-2 Green Chilies, Finely Chopped
½ Cup Grated Onion
½ Tsp Kashmiri Red Chili Powder
¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder
½ Tsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder
1 Tsp Coriander Powder
1 Cup Fresh Tomato Puree
Salt to Taste
A pinch dried Fenugreek Leaves (kasuri Methi) Powder
1 Tbsp Fresh Cream + For Drizzling
Fresh Coriander Sprigs for Garnishing
Grated Khoya for Sprinkling
- In a bowl separate the gulabjamuns from the sugar syrup and put it into a bowl of boiled in water. Keep it aside for about 10-15 mins.
- In a heated pan add 2 Tbsp oil, add 2 black cardamoms.
- Add 1 Tsp of cumin seeds, 1 Tsp Chopped Ginger, 1 Tsp Chopped Garlic & mix it all.
- Add 1-2 Chopped green chilies, ½ cup grated onion, mix all ingredients well and let it cook for a bit till the onions turns a bit brown.
- Add ½ Tsp of Red Chili powder (preferably use Kashmiri chili powder), ¼ Tsp Turmeric Powder, ½ Tsp Cumin Powder & 1 Tsp Coriander powder let it cook till specs of oil appear
- Add 1 cup of fresh tomato puree & salt to taste. Mix well and let it cook till the specs of oil start appearing again
- Remove the 2 black cardamoms and putt the mixture into a blender and blend till nice thick paste is formed.
- Put the masala back into the pan add a little bit of water stir the mixture well.
- Remove the Gulab jamun’s from the boiling water and add it to the mixture in the pan.
- Add a pinch of Kasuri Methi Powder